JFSMW Eldercare.org is a website of JFS of Metrowest, a community-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Framingham, MA that works with over 5,000 people within the Metrowest and Greater Boston regions each year, supporting vulnerable children and families, individuals, immigrants, and older adults aging in place.
JFS ElderCare.org is designed to showcase all programs offered by JFS for adults aged 60+. From Healthy Aging exercise classes and workshops to Geriatric Care Management and homecare, JFS is dedicated to helping older adults maximize their health and well-being and maintain their independence as they age in the community.
Mission: Strengthening Lives, Building Community
JFS of Metrowest provides vital social, health and community services to alleviate suffering, enhance lives and support people in need.
Values of JFS of Metrowest:
Guided by the Jewish tradition of social responsibility and compassion, we are dedicated to:
- Supporting people of all ages and backgrounds
- Treating people with dignity and compassion
- Helping people achieve and sustain healthy lives and independence
- Providing culturally relevant services
- Collaborating with community partners to broaden our impacts
JFS of Metrowest is committed to:
- Be a leader and catalyst in providing the best social, health and community services with special responsibility to vulnerable children, families and elders.
- Develop and deliver essential services to assist those in need.
- Be flexible and adapt to the changing needs in our community.
- Demonstrate compelling and measurable impacts in all our programs, while exceeding expectations in service and personal attention to clients and partners.
- Connect and engage the current and future generations and their families to a vibrant, meaningful Jewish community in collaboration with community partners and stakeholders.
- Attract, develop and retain talented, caring and invested staff, volunteers and lay leaders who work collaboratively in valued and essential partnerships.
- Have an independent, strong and engaged Board of Directors whose governance sets the priorities and future direction for the agency.
- Develop the organizational capacities, financial resources and fund development programs that sustain and expand the agency’s mission.